So I'll just go ahead and admit that I am deathly afraid of sharks. It comes from an incident that of course my brothers don't remember but apparently has never left the depths of my brain.
We lived in Florida when I was young and had a pool in the backyard. One night when I was 5 my brothers and I were watching the movie Jaws. Being the loving big brothers they are they told me that Jaws was in our pool and then decided I should go swimming = scarred for life.
I've been surfing a few times and I can't help but think the whole time I'm out there that I look just like a seal to a shark. I know it's not logical, but as long as I'm not the one furthest out in any direction then I'm ok.
I had no such feelings in the Dead Sea. You can't really swim, you just float. It's actually pretty fun, but the highlight for me was that I had no fear of anything with teeth in these waters. Also just for the record, this Superman idea was a bad one. I had shaved that morning and the salty water made my face feel like it was on fire.



1 comment:
I don't remember Jeff & James doing that to you. I hope I punished them in some way? Next time I see them, I'll make sure to chastise them properly!
Pop
Post a Comment