Saturday, July 14, 2007

They're Here!




So we didn't have to wait too long after all! Marta had to go to the hospital for her weekly non-stress test and they found that her blood pressure had risen to the point where they were unable to discharge her. So I got the call to come and meet her and we got checked in. Labor went very quickly after her water broke, and by the end of the day we had our first kid. Blake Matthew was born Friday (7/13) at 11:49pm. He weighed 5 pounds and 12 ounces. Emmett Wright was born shortly after on Saturday (today, 7/14) at 12:04am weighing 5 pounds 15 ounces. Did you get that? Our twins have different birthdays! I'm pretty sure that's the coolest thing I've heard of in a while. In the photo, Blake is baby "A" in the one and is on the left in the other.

2 comments:

Queen Karana said...

Oh my goodness, they are so precious. And how fun that the twins have different birthdays! I bet life is going to be really different for a while. CONGRATULATIONS!

Peter said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now the real "fun" begins. Glad all went smoothly. Best to Marta, as she did the hard "work"!