Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Underwear on I-80

I'm not a big fan of Wyoming. At least, not where I-80 cuts through the windy, barren wasteland that is our 44th state.

Kids and stuff both don't fit in our Highlander, so we got a Skybox carrier for the roof. It has served us well on every summer trip, but Wyoming was just waiting for the opportune moment to exact her revenge.

Driving home from Denver I heard a strange sound on the roof as we passed Laramie. I looked up into the review mirror just in time to see our suitcase rolling down the Interstate in an explosion of clothes. I quickly pulled to the side and, fortunately, the box/our things hadn't hit any other cars. Marta and I were able to track down almost all of our belongings - even the kids dirty underwear flying across the road. The clips holding the Skybox to the roof rack had broken, and the box proved to be no match for Wyoming.

No comments: