Monday, November 01, 2010

The White House.


A couple of months ago we decided that the backyard would need to be reworked. I should have realized this at the time (but of course I didn’t) that this would set into motion a slew of other projects. Revamping the backyard sprinklers took me quite a bit of time so without anything in the back to do, Marta moved on to the front yard and pretty much replaced/moved everything. This led to a plan to revamp the look of the house all together and I was presented with a new house color scheme. I thought that would be a great thing to do next spring, but patience is not really found in our tool belt. I built some shutters and we’ve now (except for some really tall parts) painted the house white - I use we liberally, actually Marta painted 90% of the house. We live in a neighborhood of unique homes and now we feel like we have a house that is also unique. It took some time for me, but the new look has definitely grown on me.

No comments: