
Vacation time doesn't accrue anymore, so if you don't use it you lose it. This means that work pretty much shuts down the last three weeks of the year as people are using up their vacation time. It's been no exception for me and I've used it to establish a new tradition - The Hair Holiday. Last year you may recall it was a very manly and festive holiday beard. This year I started the holiday quite a bit earlier and let the hair grow until it was quite quite ugly. I could actually see it, and by the end of each day I'd have a pretty respectable afro (how did I not take any photos?!).
January 1st and trip to the barber brought an end to the holiday, but Emmett would have none of it. The kid had no idea who I was for a full day and cried nearly every time he saw me. No tricks would work on him, he just wanted nothing to do with his buzzed dad. It wasn't until bedtime that he finally warmed up to the new cut and he would laugh every time he touched my hair. Pretty funny kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment