Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Family Room Floors

I know that both of you who check this blog every once in a while aren't checking it to see photos like this one, but humor me...

On Christmas Day before we headed out of town I got the first coat of polyurethane on and due to the fumes we spent the night at Marta's family's house. Then yesterday I went up and sanded, cleaned, and applied the second coat of the poly. Here is the finished floor when I finished yesterday. We used a satin polyurethane so it won't be shiny like this when it's dry.

It has been a lot of work - the sanding took three times as long as it's supposed to - but I think they have turned out great.

3 comments:

Queen Karana said...

Wow, I think those floors are going to be beautiful. You do really good work.

mamanicky said...

What a small world! Travis and I were just looking up people from college and found yours. All boys, and twins!! Wow! Hope you and your wife are doing great. We're out in NC, you can see our blog too, www.travandnic.blogspot.com We've got 4, Cole (7), Paige (5), Lily (3), Grace (1) See ya, Nichole

Rachelle said...

Congratulations on finishing your floor! I am sure that it feel great to have that done and off the to do list. We just got our bathroom in the basement finished and put in some final carpet, so on a smaller we understand. Tell Marta hello and hopefully we can see you guys soon!